Regal Aggregates Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, adhering to the guidelines set in the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which took effect from the 25th May 2018.
The new GDPR standards introduce wide reaching new data protection principles. These bring into force wide sweeping changes that organisations must comply with, helping to improve consistency and safeguards to protect personal data.
We understand that by visiting our website, you are trusting us with your information and we appreciate that your privacy is important.
You can visit our website without providing your personal information. However, you may provide personal information if you contact us with an enquiry or order any goods from our site and in this event acknowledge we may need to contact you by e-mail, post, telephone, fax or other reasonable means of communication regarding the goods or service.
How we use you Information
If you purchase products or services from us we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to process orders and supply and deliver goods and services to you
- to liaise, interact and provide customer care with regards any enquiries, queries, orders (new and existing) and aftersales
- to manage deliveries, returns and refunds
- to manage your cash or credit account including carrying out identity and credit checks (if applicable)
- for maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and site, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal activities
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
If you have given us your permission to do so by ticking the relevant consent box when you provide us with your information, then we may also use it in the following ways –
- to keep you up to date by contacting you electronically with promotional offers, relevant news and products which we think may interest you
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our products and services
- for market research purposes to better understand your needs
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
If you change your mind and no longer want to receive these communications you can unsubscribe or “opt out” by contacting us at email@example.com
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party, that includes you name, e-mail address, address or payment card details. However, we may share your information with certain categories of companies but with the sole purpose of providing you with the full range of our services and to fulfil the agreement we have with you. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. We will only provide these companies with the information they require to deliver the service we have contracted them for. The companies may include –
- Companies that allow us to get your purchase to you such as payment service providers or delivery companies
- Selected manufacturers or suppliers we deal with for the purpose of warranty, maintenance and aftersales issues
- Professional service providers such as marketing agencies and advertising partners who help us offer our products and services to you more effectively and efficiently
- Document storage providers and suppliers of other administrative functions
- Credit reference agencies
- Where we have a duty of disclosure to comply with legal obligations
We may use third party service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our service.
Using google Analytics and Cookies can improve the service that we offer, user experience and analyse how our site is used. The information collected by Google Analytics is anonymous data that provides browser and device information and the language it is set to. This anonymous information is used to provide an overview of how the site is being used but it is not used for any additional purpose such as profiling
Links to third party sites
Our website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow us through third party social networking functionality such as ‘share’, ‘like’ or ‘follow’ buttons. Social networking functionality helps generate interest towards our services amongst members of your social network, bring to you new information about our company and the products we sell, promotional offers and events taking place. Personal information shared with a social network may be collected by the provider. This could result in your information becoming publicly available in internet search engine results.
Our website may also contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. If you follow any links to social media or other external links, you will leave our website. We do not operate these sites and therefore cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information that you provide whilst visiting such third party sites. We strongly advise that you carefully read their individual privacy policies.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective.
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you would like to correct or update any of personal information, or if you would like a copy of the personal information we hold, or if you want to be removed from our systems please contact us. We may need to ask for proof of your identity before we can respond to your request.
We hope that we can address any concerns you may have but if you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to any request made by you in relation to your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk