We understand and appreciate the benefits of a good quality compost for your garden. Sometimes plants need a growing medium with a bit more ‘oomph’ which you will find by adding organic matter, and in the gardening world, this is often achieved by introducing compost to the soil.
When you’re growing plants in pots and their roots are confined, you’ll probably find that general-purpose topsoil alone doesn’t provide enough nutrients and the roots are unable to spread out to find more. This problem is further exacerbated when you want to grow lots of plants; the more crowded a pot (a summer hanging basket for example) the fewer nutrients are available for each plant.
Mixing topsoil and compost is a great way to make your own potting compost. This mixture will dry out less slowly than compost because of the water-retaining and structure-holding features of topsoil whilst gaining the much-needed extra organic matter and nutrients from the compost.
To save you time and to remove the backache and headache of blending topsoil and compost yourself, we have blended our topsoil with (just the right amount of!) organic compost so it can be applied to your garden straight away. The soil is tested in accordance to BS 3882:2015 and our compost is accredited with a PAS 100:2018 certificate, ensuring that we pass on the best possible quality to you, our customers.
- A ready to use soil amendment/improver
- Multi-purpose but ideal for raised flower beds, vegetable patches and as a potting soil for planting in containers
- Topsoil tested to BS 3882:2015 and compost fully certified to the BSI PAS 100:2018
- Screened to 10mm
- British sustainably sourced made from 100% natural ingredients with no added chemicals
- High organic matter content with naturally slow-releasing nutrients and reduces the need for artificial fertilisers
- Improves existing soil structure, fertility and appearance
- Improves moisture levels in sandy or chalky soils
- Helps break up clay soils, improving drainage and workability
- Reduces the risk of soil compaction
- Helps prevent wind and water erosion
- Supports a wide range of soil bacteria, including those that produce natural antibodies to fight against plant disease.
- Improves plant health, from germination through growth to maturity
- Light and friable, easy to rake
- Peat free
- Low stone content
- Dark brown appearance and earthy aroma
- Convenient bulk bags delivered on pallets minimise waste and mess and are easy to store